Stage 1 Water Restrictions
Please note that Stage 1 Water Restrictions is in effect as of May 1 until further notice.
During Stage 1, residential properties may only be watered for a maximum of four (4) hours per day, as follows:
- Properties with even numbered addresses may only be watered on even numbered days
- Properties with odd numbered addresses may only be watered on odd numbered days
Water Treatment Plant Update
March 11, 2019
UBID is preparing to move forward with construction of a new water treatment plant to meet current water quality standards and deliver clean, safe and reliable water to our residents. A project update is provided here . Answers to some common questions may be found here . Updates will be posted under “Water” (top menu) as the work proceeds.
Boil Water Notice Lifted
Boil Water Notice is no longer in effect
The boil water notice issued by the Union Bay Improvement District (UBID) and Island Health is no longer in effect. Increased water quality monitoring has shown that the turbidity level is steadily decreasing and is now in compliance with health regulations of 1 NTU or less.
UBID provides water to a network from the Buckley Bay store to the end of Kilmarnock in the north end.
After a Boil water Notice has been lifted:
- Flush all water-using fixtures for one minute.
- Run cold-water faucets and drinking fountains for one minute before using the water.
- Drain and flush all ice-making machines in your refrigerator.
- Run water softeners through a regeneration cycle.
- Drain and refill hot water tanks set below 45 C (normal setting is 60 C).
- Change any pre-treatment filters (under sink style and refrigerator water filters, carbon block, activated carbon, sediment filters, etc.).
Please sign up for email alerts on our website to receive the latest information.